Monday 22 April 2013

Update on Weave project...

Whacked out 3 of my personal weaves today on the looms ...




I chose to make this weave like I have because I thought it looked like the sky of dappled clouds, with wisps of light or aeroplane paths that break up the sky . The orange yarn was not part of the original idea and is just waste yearn to finish the edges, yet I find it does actually work quite well, in terms of my colour palette and also possibly could signify the sun shining through the clouds?
Again the yellow yarn was not a deliberate choice of colour for waste yarn, yet again it works well with my colour palette. It's quite interesting to see the divide between the two different weaves here. I think this will and has started to help me in terms of how the weaves will be used within garment ideas for the end of the project.



No comments:

Post a Comment